|Series 9 Episode 17|
Nowhere to Run
|Release Date||19th February 2014|
|Created By||Ann McManus and Maureen Chadwick|
|Writer||Ann McManus, Di Burrows and Alex Lamb|
|Previous episode||Series 9 Episode 16 (A Bolt from the Blue)|
|Next episode||Series 9 Episode 18 (Dynasty's Choice)|
Nowhere to Run is the seventeenth episode of Series 9.
Immigration officers arrive to deport the Tsibis, whose appeal has been turned down. Lula's mother is arrested, but Lula escapes to the school, where George is standing in for Christine, who is visiting Connor. He believes Lula should give herself up, but Audrey and Maggie lead the pupils in a campaign to let her stay, involving the press and local councillors, as well as a full demonstration on the school roof, during which Shaznay pretends to be Lula to buy time. However it is all in vain, and Lula reluctantly leaves Waterloo Road. Meanwhile, Gabriella publicly humiliates and ditches Barry Barry, who claims to be planning a 'big job', and Simon offers himself as go-between for Nikki with Vix. He also makes sure that Christine will hear how George failed to handle Lula's situation in the appropriate way. Carol is displeased when Dynasty informs her that she is applying for the police force.
George is left in charge while Christine has a day off, but is soon out of his depth when Audrey rouses the school in a mass protest against Lula’s deportation. Barry wants to discuss his future with Gabriella, and Dynasty is distressed at Kevin’s condition.
George is left holding the fort while Christine has a day off, but his opportunity to skive is soon thwarted by news that Lula’s mother has been taken away by the Immigration Office. When her pleas for help fall on deaf ears, Lula turns to Audrey, who rallies the school to protect her. While George is off enjoying a charity lunch, the Immigration Officers arrive for Lula but Audrey and the students are prepared. Soon a mass rooftop protest is underway, much to Simon’s horror.
Barry takes Gabriella to a fancy restaurant to announce his plans for their future together, but his dreams are short lived when Gabriella is less than receptive.
Dynasty visits Kevin in hospital and is left devastated at the prospect of his slow recovery.
- Laurie Brett as Christine Mulgrew
- Victoria Bush as Sonya Donnegan
- Angus Deayton as George Windsor
- Georgie Glen as Audrey McFall
- Vanessa Hehir as Sue Lowsley
- Melanie Hill as Maggie Budgen
- Zöe Lucker as Carol Barry
- Richard Mylan as Simon Lowsley
- Leon Ockenden as Hector Reid
- Heather Peace as Nikki Boston
- Naomi Battrick as Gabriella Wark
- Mark Beswick as Darren Hughes
- Rebecca Craven as Rhiannon Salt
- Tommy Knight as Kevin Chalk
- Marlene Madenge as Lula Tsibi
- Abby Mavers as Dynasty Barry
- Kirstie Steele as Imogen Mulgrew
- Kane Tomlinson-Weaver as Harley Taylor
- Caitlin Gillespie as Lisa Brown
- Joe Slater as Lenny Brown
- Je'Taime Morgan Hanley as Shaznay Montrose
- Christopher Chung as Archie Wong